Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The LORD of the RINGS Landscapes


Click here to BID
Please click on the image above to enlargen.
My interests in art are quite varied. I know that common thought is to 'brand' oneself with one style, or one subject matter or one 'mode' of working but I just can't do it. Since graduating from art school many years ago I've maintained an interest in Science Fiction/Fantasy literature and movies. I also have a strong interest in nature, hence my bird paintings, as well as the traditional artistic subjects of landscape and still life. Therefore, at least for the moment, I'll be incorporating all of my visual work into this initial Blog until I decide to separate my various subjects into different blogs. Why do we really need to Brand ourselves anyways? I doubt even cattle like that. These are very small oil paintings on gessoed, heavy weight printmaking paper. They measure 2 1/2 x 7 inches. I've also produced many paintings for 'Small-Works' and Miniature exhibits for galleries. These paintings incoporate many of my interests in one.

No comments: